Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Why I Beat My Head on My Desk

Idiot: Good morning. Thank you for calling _________. How can I help you.

Me: Hello. I’m looking for an adapter for a Presario 2100 Laptop computer.

Idiot: What’s it for?

Me: It’s an adapter for a laptop.

Idiot: What do you use it with?

Me: A Laptop. A computer?

Idiot: That might be specific.

Me: What might be specific?

Idiot: That might be a specific part.

Me: Yes, it is a specific part. It’s an adapter for my laptop computer so it will turn ON and STAY on.

Idiot: That sounds like you need an adapter.

Me: Yes. That’s what I said. I need a Presario 2100 Laptop computer adapter. Not a universal one. I had one. It’s broken and I want THIS one.

Idiot: It might be the connector on your computer.

Me: No. My laptop is at this very moment sitting on the desk of my computer repair guy who has already looked at it and said the computer’s fine. I need the adapter. The adapter is bad.

Idiot. You know, your adapter might be bad.

Me: No shit. I know that. That’s why I need the ADAPTER.

Idiot: You might have a short in your adapter.

Me: Yes. Whatever. Here’s the exact model number.

Idiot: That’s the model number?

Me: Yes

Idiot: That’s a part number for an adapter.

Me: YES. I know that. Do you have it?

Idiot: It doesn’t match my model numbers so I can’t guarantee that part will work.

Me: What model are you looking at?

Idiot: It’s a different brand and model.

Me: I told you that I need THIS brand and model.

Idiot: Oh! But I don’t carry that.

Me: Are you serious? How long during the course of our conversation have you known that.

Idiot: I thought you wanted to buy a computer.

Somebody just wander on out to the local office supply warehouse for me and find the guy with head stuck up his own ass and cram a computer adapter up there to keep his head company please and thank you.

2 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

OMG Ringy, that's a hilarious conversation! I think I would have some how made my hand go through the telephone & yanked his head through it. People like that scare me!

timcote7 said...

I could eat you with a spoon! DEEELIcious!